Drone cameras have created a buzz in the tech industry and they are gradually taking the photogenic world by storm. Drones have disrupted the market with its innovative technique to provide a fun experience to its users. Looking at its growth in numbers and popularity, buying one for yourself or gifting to someone must have definitely crossed your mind. But worried about what features to look for? Do not fret anymore. We have taken the trouble for you to list down all the necessary tick-boxes which you must pay heed to before making a final choice. After reading the article, you will jump to the conclusion more confidently and quickly if you are looking for deatiled guide goto saverdrone.com and check buying guides like drones under 100$ .
Know your purpose. Why?
All we want is the best value for our money. But having multiple kinds of drones in the market makes it difficult to choose from. Different kinds of drones like FVP racing, cheap toy, photography, video making, sports drones, etc. come with different features serving various purposes. Once you are clear with your purpose of purchase, it will be easier to eliminate the alternatives to fewer ones.
Learn the jargons. What?
A very important to self if you are considering buying a drone is getting familiar with drone-centric jargons. You do not want to remain absent-minded while browsing through different websites looking for the best features in drones. The market leader in consumer drones is the Quadcopter which has an X or H-shaped frame and is lifted by 4 rotors. Their identical propellers can rotate both clockwise and anticlockwise that use space positioning technique for enriched performance. Online players like Amazon and Flipkart are really moving the drone market with their explicit delivery service and availability of a large variety of drones. We know that these e-commerce platforms will be your place-to-go while buying one, so it is better you know the different modes in which drones are available for sale.
- RTF- ready to fly.
- ARF- almost ready to fly.
- BNF- Bind-N-Fly.
With such models present, you need to know which one is more feasible for you. Our advice for beginners will be to stick to RTF models which involves lesser DIY like the other models.
What about the features?
Buying the drone for the first time with no expert tech-guru by your side? Leave the anxieties because we know what you need to know as first-timers. Let us do a quick sneak-peak into the most important features to consider before buying.
- Flight Duration- Different drones have different flight time ranging from 5 to 30 minutes depending upon the battery strength. This feature is the foremost one while deciding which one to buy because running out of battery between playing is a big turn-off. Expensive and large drones have costlier batteries which will make it difficult for you to pile extra ones.
- Camera Quality- Some drones have pre-installed cameras while some come with add-ons. Depending on your use, you need to check the ISO, shutter size, photo or video size, colour quality of the camera for a better experience.
- Headless Mode- Drones are all about becoming a pro in using remotes for controlling the directions. The new flyers find it very confusing to decide about the right and left resulting in crashes. Headless mode is a saviour for all the dyslexics like me who get bumped on the road every now and then.
- Return Home Function- Yes. You get it right. This feature helps to get your drone back to its home destination, duh! Drones being GPS-enabled devices know their origin and destination. So before buying one, make sure that your drone has a powerful GPS to guide your mini aircraft back to you.
- Range – Range is the distance up to which you can control your drone. Basically it is the degree of liberty you have over your drone. If you want to level your game and have more fun, we suggest you to buy one with a higher range up to 5000 meters.
Some Top Recommendations for 2019
Below we have listed some of the high-performing drones of 2019 which you can easily buy on sites like Amazon or Flipkart. These drones highlights the features that make them stand out from the rest.
- Ryze Tello: Tello Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera and VR, Powered by DJI Technology and Intel Processor, Coding Education, DIY Accessories, Throw and Fly (Without Controller)
- Altair Aerial AA108: Altair #AA108 Camera Drone Great for Kids & Beginners, RC Quadcopter w/ 720p HD FPV Camera VR, Headless Mode, Altitude Hold, 3 Skill Modes, Easy Indoor Drone, 2 Batteries
- Altair AA818 PLUS: Altair 818 Hornet Beginner Drone with Camera, Live Video Drone for Kids & Adults w FPV, 15 Min Flight Time, Altitude Hold, Personal Hobby Starter RC Quadcopter for All Ages & Levels, Indoors & Out.
- SYMA X5HC: WayIn 2016 New Syma X5HC 2.4G 6-Axis Gyro HD Camera RC Quadcopter with Hovering Height-adjustment Function Green.
- UDI 818A HD+: Drone with Camera for Kids and Adults – U818A HD Camera Drones RC Quadcopter with Video, 4GB SD Card, LED Lights, Auto Return Home, Extra Battery.
- HOLYSTONE F181: Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera RTF 4 Channel 2.4GHz 6-Gyro with Altitude Hold Function, Headless Mode and One Key Return Home, Color Black .
- SYMA X8G: Syma X8G Headless 2.4Ghz 4CH RC Quadcopter with 8MP HD Camera (Silver)